Hello fellow Batters,

I am experiencing a problem with a message folder file which
contains over 2GB of mails (with attachments) which has become
corrupted somehow.  I did the 'normal' thing when this happens
which may have been a serious mistake.  I was able to see the
messages, but the filter for the folder could not place any new
messages in it.  I deleted the IDX file for the folder and tried
to re-index the file.  No dice! I also can not see any of the
messages previously listed in this folder anymore. :-(

I then tried to create another folder and COPY the file to that
folder. NO DICE!! It gives me a file error (file fails CRC).

Any suggestions on how I can possibly recover the over 1.5GB of
graphics attachments that I have not had time to extract and
save?  This is over FOUR MONTHS (2023 messages) of posts to a
mailing list.  I am running WIN2K SP2, and FAT32 file system, not
NTFS, as I upgraded from WIN98SE.  I have had absolutely no
errors like this since the upgrade.

Running TB 1.60h personal.  Is there anything like a utility to
repair a corrupted MESSAGES file?  I have seen such utilities for
other similar apps.  Folder Refresh and Account Refresh Folders
functions have no effect.

--
Warmest tropical wishes,

Spike - Hanging out in Hell, Grand Cayman