Sh'mae Dave,
On Fri, 9 Aug 2002, at 16:55:44 [GMT +0100] (16:55 where I live) you wrote:

DW> Dear TBUDL,

DW>   I have just noticed that the latest version converts any email
DW>   addresses I enter in the To: box to lowercase. As most email
DW>   addresses are the persons name, which is a proper noun, it is
DW>   incorrect and bad manners to use lowercase. Is there a way I can ge
DW>   The Bat to leave the case as entered?

DW> Best regards,
DW>  Dave                          mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

DW> ________________________________________________________
DW>  Current version is 1.61 | "Using TBUDL" information:
DW>  http://www.silverstones.com/thebat/TBUDLInfo.html

Actually  email  addresses  are  case-insensitive,  and  are not really proper
nouns.  They  are  part  and parcel of an address and not a name as such. They
cease being a name per se.

It  would be like arguing version should be spelt verSion as "Sion" is a first
name in Wales.

I  don't  know  about  you, but it hasn't bothered anyone I email. I think its
more  a Windows thing where certain packages auto-correct is a bit too keen to
see any word as correctable.

09 August 2002, 17:03
                                   [ Adam Rykala : [EMAIL PROTECTED] ]
                                   [ [new-wales] project : www.new-wales.net ]
                                   [ Public key :  [EMAIL PROTECTED] ]

Murphy's best friend was a computer.

All my emails are scanned with AntiVir's Antivirus Mail Gateway for Linux.