Hello Blarp,

B> I wish this were the case. I've tried disabling my firewall (Tiny
B> Personal, not ZA) and it still stops periodical checking. It WILL
B> check on startup but nothing after that.

Ok, this may be of interest to you and others: Earlier today I
uninstalled The Bat, but I said no to the question of whether to
remove the message base or not. After reinstalling the program I
restored a backup of all accounts that I'd just done. This didn't make
the periodical checking work.

Just now I uninstalled the program and answered yes to all questions
of removal - that is both from the registry and the mail directory.
After this I made sure no files were left in the mail directory and
the program directory. Then I installed the program again and restored
my backup. Now the periodical checking works.

Would be good if somebody with the same problem could confirm if this
procedure works there too.
--
Regards
Johnny Skaaning