Hello Gerard,

Sunday, September 8, 2002, 1:29:34 AM, you wrote:

G> ON Friday, September 6, 2002, 10:26:53 PM, you wrote:

MB>> It happened again today with a corrupted .DOC (word document) file.
MB>> Tried openning the file from within TB!  Tried saving to desktop and
MB>> openning from there.  Wouldn't work.  I forwared the "corrupt" file to
MB>> myself (different email address... same computer and same copy of TB!)
MB>> and it openned fine - no reboots, nothing - original attachment will
MB>> still not open.

G> Hi Mark,
G>    What your describing should be impossible except for the fact that
G>    there might be a difference in handling the attachements between
G>    accounts.

I don't know all the detailed options of TB!.  I tried it again, with
the same "corrupt" message.  I forwared it a few seperate times to my
other address, and they were all fine.

"Redirect" also worked.

"Move" and "Copy" to another folder did not work - attachment still
corrupted.

It's not just a single email and attachment that this works with. I've
tried it with different emails, from different senders.  One with a
"corrupted" .DOC file and one with a "corrupted" .JPG.  Both files were
fine after being forwarded.

G>    The only thing I can think of is that the encoding of the attachment
G>    you received originally s not compatible with TB! and when you sent
G>    it to an other email address it is somehow encoded into a different
G>    system.

No idea.

G>    I am assuming that you do not have local delivery activated under
G>    Options|network&admin|allow local delivery.

Correct.

G>    Could you try to do it again with this option activated. It should
G>    then fail to open the attachment in the other email account.

Tried. Forwarded with option activated... don't know what the
difference was... attachment of the forwarded email openned properly.

Am willing to try other things.  Just don't know what.

--
Regards,
Mark                      mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

The Bat! Version 1.61
OS info: Windows 98 4.10 Build 2222  A