Hello Markus,

On Mon, 30 Sep 2002 15:49:01 +0200 GMT (30/09/02, 20:49 +0700 GMT),
Markus Gloede wrote:

>> 4) If you don't want it to check mail on startup, change the account
>>    properties | Options to *not* check for mail on startup.

MG> And what can be done if the Bat is not running and I want to start
MG> it (just this once) without checking for mail?

I understand that you have set TB to check mail on startup.

MG> I've looked for a way to do this after returning from a longer
MG> trip. I wanted to clean up the inbox on the server before
MG> donloading all unwanted stuff.

There are two ways you can prevent TB to check on startup while the
setting says it should:

1.) Physically disconnect the plug to the internet (phone or ethernet
jack).

2.) Close your firewall completely.

--

Cheers,
Thomas.

It was so hot during football practice that a lot of kids keeled over
from nervous prostitution.

Message reply created with The Bat! 1.62/Beta1
under Chinese Windows 98 4.10 Build 2222 A
using an AMD Athlon K7 1.2GHz, 128MB RAM