On Tuesday, October 8, 2002, 10:15:35 AM, Nick <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

N> Hi all,

N> Would someone be so kind as to tell me what I'm doing wrong with the
N> following regex? The following line exists on its own line and I'm
N> trying to extract the email address following the second colon.  This
N> is being used in a reply template.

N> Buyer:                                 somename: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

N> I constructed this regex

N> %SETPATTREGEXP='Buyer:(.*:)(\S*)'%REGEXPBLINDMATCH='%text'%SUBPATT='2'

N> with the following reasoning

N> The (.*:) should match every character (except a newline) up to and
N> including the second colon and place the result into SUBPATT 1.  The
N> (\S*) should match everything after the second colon and place the
N> result into SUBPATT 2 and "print" it.

N> The problem is that SUBPATT 2 contains all the information after the
N> *final* colon in the email.

N> How can I construct the regex so that it only extracts from a single
N> line?

N> Any help (and explanation) would be greatly appreciated.

Looks like you're using TB to manage eBay auctions, no?  I do the same thing,
using various folder reply templates and quick templates.  TB has saved me
an incredible amount of time for 3000 auctions and counting...

Anyway, the most frustrating thing is that eBay keeps changing their end of
auction notice format!

Here are two regex that I use for their latest EOA notice to sellers:

%setpattregexp="(?i-s)(Buyer\:\s+)(.+\:)(.+)"%RegExpBlindMatch="%TEXT"%SUBPATT="3"
%setpattregexp="(?i-s)(Item Name\:\s+)(.+)"%RegExpBlindMatch="%TEXT"%SUBPATT="2"

jon
--
 jwayne
 [EMAIL PROTECTED]