Hi, Laura!

Sunday, October 13, 2002, 3:09:28 PM, you wrote:

DC>> I created a separate address book, called killfile, and discard all mail
DC>> from anyone that is KNOWN in that address book.

awc> what i've found is that the messages are from tons of different
awc> sources.. often the same message.. so for people i dont want to
awc> hear from it's easy to do this. but..for the spam, it's really
awc> hard.

I agree; except for certain groups, it's mostly a waste of time to add
names  to a blacklist because they're all different. Just add names to
a  whitelist, and do a regular quick skim through the spam messages to
make  sure  that  a  good message didn't slip through. Unless you have
more  than  several  dozen  spams coming in daily, I'd say that that's
probably adequate.

--
--Scott.
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Using The Bat! 1.61 under Windows XP 5.1 Build 2600  on an AMD Athlon XP 1900 (1.6G
real, 1.9G effective) with 512MB.