Hi Joseph,

On Thursday, October 17, 2002 19:54 your local time, which was 17:54 my
local time, Joseph N. [JN] wrote;

JN> I downloaded the most fully nested EICAR test file.  When NOD32
JN> scanned it after GetRight pulled it in, it came up positive.  I then
JN> emailed it from one account to another as an attachment.  (My
JN> attachments are kept within the message envelope.)  I also took that
JN> sent message (from the sent folder) and forwarded it to the same
JN> other address.

JN> Both messages came in fine and lodged in my Inbox, despite the fact
JN> that I have the NOD32 BAV active.  When I scanned the Inbox Windows
JN> folder from Explorer with NOD32, there was no positive hit, either.

JN> Just to be sure that the attached ZIP files remained active and were
JN> not cleaned by the first scanning, on download, I extracted them from
JN> the messages and scanned each one.  They came up positive on the NOD32
JN> scanner, but neither one had a problem being saved as a separate file,
JN> although all AMON options are enabled.

JN> As I said, this is troubling.  Anyone have a compelling explanation
JN> for this behavior?

Phew, it's not only me then!

Surprises me that it even got through with the .bav plug-in!

Allie sent me a mail with it on twice, once in a zip and another PGP
encrypted, and both came through pop3 without a problem, but was picked
up by AVG with the .bav plug-in!

Maybe it's just the Eicar file or am I being kind?

Still worrying though!

Anyone with any comments, suggestions or anything?

Chris.

--
E-Mail - [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Created Using The Bat! V1.61 and Virus Checked by NOD32 & AVG.