Hi Allie!

In message mid:88204631825.20021027164307@;landscreek.net
on Sunday, October 27, 2002, 3:43:07 PM, you wrote:

S>> Although  AVG catches the eircar.com virus attachment it failed
S>> to catch and quarantine  any  of  the  others.

ACM> <yawn> ;) I really question the applicability of such tests. The
ACM> main problem with this test being that real viruses aren't being
ACM> used.

A properly-implemented AV program *should* consider the EICAR test
virus to be a real virus.  Otherwise, it defeats the purpose of even
having a test.

--
--Scott.
mailto:Wizard@;local.nu

Using The Bat! 1.61 under Windows XP 5.1 Build 2600 on an AMD Athlon
XP 1900 (1.6G real, 1.9G effective) with 512MB.