Hello Paul,

On Mon, 28 Oct 2002 16:17:40 -0500 GMT (29/10/02, 04:17 +0700 GMT),
Paul Cartwright wrote:

> I can confirm that importing messages from OL IS a problem. The mail
> import wizard crashes after every folder is imported. SO, my sequence
> for importing mail from OL
> is:
> start wizard, select OL, UNSELECT all folders. scroll down and select
> ONE folder. hit OK, it crashed,

Make smaller folders and import them one-by-one.

IMHO the crash is caused by what I think is a not-so-perfect design of
the import wizard: it appears to make heavy use of RAM, and when
that's full, it'll crash on you. So, if you divide your OL folders
into smaller folders, it'll import those without problems, if done
one-by-one.

--

Cheers,
Thomas.

Was langsam faehrt, hat einen Hut.

Message reply created with The Bat! 1.62/Beta7
under Chinese Windows 98 4.10 Build 2222 A
using an AMD Athlon K7 1.2GHz, 128MB RAM