Hi ALlie,

On Wednesday, October 30, 2002 05:45 your local time, which was 02:45 my
local time, Allie Martin wrote;

SP>> Do you mean to say, when you initiate a download process, *it*
SP>> connects to the net and scans files on a server *before* your
SP>> browser or download manager begin their downloads?

SP>> Are you sure about this?

> I doubt very much that this is the case. If I do the test with
> Eicar.com, NOD32 stops me from downloading right away but eicar.com
> is a tiny file that's downloaded in an instant anyway.

This could be half the reason, as often by the time I've decided on a
location to save it, it's downloaded. :-)

> I therefore tried this with a larger infected file and the alert
> does appear after the file is downloaded and is being saved to disk.

I'd be interested in checking DrWeb on a larger file. Could you let me
know what you tried it on.

> I doubt that DrWeb works any differently.

Indeed it it strange, as I use DAP and it triggers DrWeb after the
download it complete. But for the Eicar file, it warns before
completion.

As a say, if you could tell me about the larger file, I'd be willing to
test it to she what happens.

Thanks,

Chris.

--
E-Mail - [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Created Using The Bat! V1.61 and Virus Checked by DrWeb.