Hi John,

On Sunday, November 3, 2002, 12:54 PM, you put forth, in part, about "Can't stop
CRAM-MD5?":

J> essage has not been sent. Server reply - sorry, that domain isn't in my
J> list of allowed rcpthosts (#5.7.1)
               ^^^^     ^^^^  this sounds like a qmail server.

J> It is not a server problem, because I can send emails with pocomail,
J> OE, etc.  I hope there is some setting that I haven't found in TB
J> that will allow me to use authentication (not pop before smtp) but
J> not use cram-md5.

Try just plain SMTP auth..account/properties/transport/SMTP
authentication, then click  "perform SMTP auth check "use settings of mail
retrieval.  Uncheck "Require MD5, and do *not* check on the bottom "Pop
before SMTP"

 Gary

 The trouble with the rat race is that even if you win, you're still a rat.