Hello Paul,

Saturday, November 9, 2002, 9:06:20 AM, you wrote:

PC> On Saturday, November 9, 2002, 8:43 AM, you wrote:

MDP>>> This is a major concern. I would accept their findings without
MDP>>> hesitation if it was clearer just how they had been arrived at.

PN>>   While it might not provide sufficient technical detail to satisfy
PN>>   your curiosity, here is the link to the description of their
PN>>   procedure.

PN>>   http://toronto.virusbtn.com/vb100/about/100procedure.xml

PC> from their VB100 website:
PC> We would urge any potential customer, when looking at the VB 100% record
PC> of any software, not simply to consider passes and fails, but to read
PC> the small print in the reviews.

PC> http://toronto.virusbtn.com/vb100/archives/tests.xml?200211

PC> they tested version 398 of AVG, which was released the first week of
PC> October, yet this says November results. AVG is now version 417.
PC> still I can not find anywhere what it failed.
PC> and I didn't find any "small print" to read!

If you read the url I posted to thomas,
http://www.virusbtn.com/magazine/archives/pdf/2002/200206.pdf on page
19 (pdf document) virus bulletin review explains clearly why they used
a older version of grisoft for the tests. There appeared to be
technical difficulties with grisoft. The AVG product caused blue
screens, and failed to update properly.

 rick                            mailto:zufandel@;adelphia.net