Friday, November 15, 2002, 6:24:20 PM, Marck scribbled:

MDP> Hi 3w,

MDP> @16-Nov-2002, 01:04 +0100 (00:04 UK time) 3w [3] in
MDP> [EMAIL PROTECTED]">mid:[EMAIL PROTECTED] said:

3>> Any suggestions?

MDP> I really must put this on the FAQ.

MDP> AV scanner that real-time scan non-malicious temp files in this way
MDP> are a PITA for TB. TB is trying to download a message and, before it
MDP> can even look at it, the AV software has poked its nose where it
MDP> needn't. The rug has been well and truly pulled from under TB's feet
MDP> and TB can't recover. The message download is aborted and next time
MDP> you download, it happens all over again.

There is a fourth choice if your VS supports it. Use it as a proxy to
get to your POP3 account. Trend Micro's PCCillin does this. I have to
enter the POP3 Server as localhost/servername. It then goes through
PCCillin first, which clears infected messages.

Mike