On Tue, 3 Dec 2002 at 17:06:53 +0000 (GMT) Richard Evans wrote:

> Is it possible to use the Alternative Forward method
> only for selected contacts in my address book ?

By "alternative forward" I guess you mean not to "use MIME standard for
forwarding," right? (From your description, you use MIME forwarding by
default, though that's not TB's default setting.)

As the setting is a per-account setting, I guess there's no way to get
around it for a specific contact other that setting up another account (in
TB) for that purpose. (I might be wrong, since I've been away from TBUDL for
so long, my knowledge is definitely outdated.)

Should I be right, the simple way is to set up an address book entry for
that recipient, and define a special forward template for it (use %TEXT or
%QUOTE to quote the original message text). It's not exactly elegant, for
the "use MIME..." setting at the account level is still in effect, so the
recipient will get the forwarded content both in the message body and as an
.msg attachment. But at least it gets the job done.

If there's a more elegant solution, I'm sure the more experienced people
will jump in soon. :-)

Ming-Li

The Bat! 1.62 Beta/17 | WinXP SP-1