Hallo Gavin,

On Fri, 3 Jan 2003 00:06:06 +1100GMT (2-1-03, 14:06 +0100GMT, where I
live), you wrote:

GS> The simplest way to prevent this is to wrap my stuff at about 50
GS> characters also.  Can I do this for a single message?

Don't think so, unless you change your editor preferences before and
after writing the message. It's not that difficult and seems to upset
you quite bit, so you could consider it:
 Options->Editor Preferences->General->Wrap text at ... characters.

GS> If, as I suspect, the answer is "no", then here's one more reason to
GS> allow editing in an external editor.

Why? Somebody sends you crap, so you store it as crap.

If it really, really bothers you, you could wrap everything at 50.

--
Groetjes, Roelof