Hello Allie,

On Thu, 2 Jan 2003 16:00:44 -0500 GMT (03/01/03, 04:00 +0700 GMT),
Allie Martin wrote:

> - From some testing I did some time ago, I noted that if you sign with
> the PGP or GnuPG plugins, "-- " is converted to "- --".  The altered
> delimiter is therefore not recognised by TB!. However, if you sign
> with PGP Tray or GPG Shell/WinPT, "-- " is converted to "- -- ".

I would think that this is a problem with the plug-in. It should
convert the sig delimiter to "- -- ", as the tray version does.

> The space after the double dash is preserved and TB! will recognise
> that delimiter, even with the added dash-space.

But then, if TB's plug-in does not preserve the last space, TB's reply
function should recognise excaped delimiter as created by its twin on
the sender's machine. ;-)

How do other programs handle "- -- " and "- --"?

--

Cheers,
Thomas.

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get
you.

Message reply created with The Bat! 1.62 Christmas Edition
under Chinese Windows 98 4.10 Build 2222 A
using an AMD Athlon K7 1.2GHz, 128MB RAM