Hello Mike,

MA> Hello Oliver,

MA> First I digress. For anyone who replied to anything I said in the last
MA> week or so, sorry if I haven't replied.  I wasn't around and when I
MA> got back the posts were so long I just ctrl-m'ed ;-)

MA> Thursday, January 9, 2003, 12:19:20 PM, you wrote:

OA>> Hello Maurice,

OA>> This is maybe a bit offtopic but AVG's problem is
OA>> it doesn't find Trojan Horses. I have been
OA>> infected by the backdoor.sdbot.gen.

MA> Most AV software will not pick up most Trojans. Nor will they often be
MA> picked up by firewalls when they are communicating outwardly from your
MA> computer.  That's why there are Trojan scanners as separate software.
MA> I recommend Tauscan from Agnitum (www.agnitum.com). And no, I don't
MA> work for them or have any contact other than as a satisfied user of
MA> their firewall and soon to be of Tauscan (I'm using the trial) ;-)

I have just downloaded Tauscan and have scanned my computer for
Trojans. I have been using AVG AntiVirus. The result of the scan with
Tauscan was that there were no viruses found on my computer. Are you
sure AVG is not the Bees Knees when it comes to protecting your
computer from these infections?

--
Love and Light,
 Granville                            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]