I'm sorry if I missed your point, but I was responding not only to the
content of your message but the strong tone it contained.  If you look at my
earlier message I was agreeing with the notion of having multiple options so
that folks with different choices/preferences can happily coexist without
excluding anyone.  If you disagree with that, how should I interpret your
message?

Here is an option.  Perhaps RTL can introduced 2.0 with multiple options,
and if some people are not happy with that, they can keep using 1.xx without
upgrading.