Roelof-

I don't think redirection really has anything to do with this.

If I (as the spammer) send out a message to [EMAIL PROTECTED] and I
find that someone followed through with a url click that verified the
existence an activity at that address, then anything else that I send
to [EMAIL PROTECTED] will also get to you. Doesn't matter how many
levels of indirection have taken place in between - it's the same path
both times.

The encoded url just serves to put a flag in the database that
validates the starting point for your email address.

-Mark Wieder

 Using The Bat! v1.63 Beta/4 on Windows 2000 5.0 Build 2195 Service Pack 2