Hello kristina,

k>   Is there anyway to remove the 'send queued mail'
k>   link from the right click menu, from the icon in
k>   the taskbar.

I'm not sure I see that in the taskbar. But I do see what
you mean.

k>   As I have had several 'near-misses' at sending
k>   email's that arn't ready to be sent because of
k>   that link - as I've gone to 'check mail for all
k>   accounts'

Also, go to the bottom of the main Tools menu.  Send and
Check All seems to get set to a function key at default.
I would not keep that default. If you just got one key,
you can hit it accidentally.

 Adam