Hello Allie,

On Sun, 23 Feb 2003 08:31:52 -0500 GMT (23/02/03, 20:31 +0700 GMT),
Allie Martin wrote:

>     You seem to be describing a sort of like 'common filter' system
>     dialog.

>     You define your common filters in this dialog. You then add them as
>     needed to your various accounts. If you need to make a change to a
>     common filter, it would then propagate to all the accounts where the
>     filter is added.

Yes, this is what I mean.

>     This system would be easier than the current one, only in so far as
>     updating or changing the filter is concerned, wouldn't it? You still
>     have to go to each account and add it, the same as copy and pasting
>     in the current system.

No it isn't. If I add any filter string, for example an email address
or a key word, I won't have to go to all accounts. I would update only
at one place. That's the point.

>     Global filters really should be just a matter of creating the filter
>     and whammo, it works on all accounts. No need to be adding them to
>     each account.

Please explain how this should work. Let's say under Options I have a
menu item "Global filters", and I create a filter there. What would it
do?

Could I except accounts from this filter or from all global filters,
like I can with "check all"?

> If you need anything other than this, then go the currently
> implemented method of copying and pasting the filter to the accounts
> which you wish the filter to be applied.

This is what I am doing, and it is troublesome to have to add the same
address as an alternative filter string to several filters across
various accounts.

--

Cheers,
Thomas.

A bean supper will be held on Tuesday evening in the church hall.
Music will follow.

Message reply created with The Bat! 1.63 Beta/5
under Chinese Windows 98 4.10 Build 2222 A
using an AMD Athlon K7 1.2GHz, 128MB RAM