Why not go 1 step further and change the font color of the errored account in
the account list to red (or some other configurable color)?  The account is
bolding when unread messages are in it...  I don't know that I could remember 30
different sounds for error and email is here.

Scott
v1.62 on win2000 with 30 email accounts