Hallo Task,

On Fri, 7 Mar 2003 23:47:17 -0400GMT (8-3-03, 4:47 +0100, where I
live), you wrote:

TC>   I can't configure The Bat + Xray + Softhome.net. Anyone can help
TC>   me.

TC>   The authentification of softhome is "use pop before smtp" if you
TC>   have some server with this authentification you can help me.

I don't know whether it's possible to use softhome's smarthost with
that configuration, but if you configure xray to deliver immediately
after receiving the mail and you configure TB to use pop before smtp,
the effect should be pop before smtp with a minimal extra time lag
between the pop and the smtp, but the interval most servers use is
something five minutes and that should be possible.

Another option would be to install your own mx-resolving mail server,
so that you bypass softhome's smtp server. Possibilities are:
Postcastserver, which is free
ADR (Advanced Direct Remailer), which isn't free, but IIRC has it's
     own xray plug-in
Mercury, which is free, you only need to install the smtp service

There are more complete mailservers just like Mercury, but most of
them are to be paid for, such as:
MDaemon (Marck uses that one)
Mailtraq (I use it), this one has a free version too, but that adds a
        footer to all outgoing mail.

As you see, options a plenty.

--
Groetjes, Roelof