On Tuesday, June 17, 2003, 3:01:10 PM, Anna wrote:

> I've spent almost half my evaluation time getting folders,
> filters, etc. set up and trying to get this program to work. It's
> not happening. That's enough for me. I'm out.

It would be a pity if you gave up on the Bat.  I guess that the
problems you are experiencing are quite rare, otherwise you would have
had more of a response.  I think that there is some process not
shutting down properly and TB thinks it is still running when you try
to start it again.  The first suggestion would be not to shut down TB
once it has started - mine starts with the PC in the morning, and
shuts down with it at night.

I would also suggest, if you have not already tried, reinstalling TB.
Try the first time over the top of the existing installation (by
running the installation file) - perhaps some registry changes have
not been made properly.  If this does not work, you may need to
completely remove TB and then reinstall.

TB is a very good program, and well worth using if you can get it to
work.  I can understand how frustrating having these problems is, but
I think it is worth persevering.

Julian

--
  Using The Bat! v1.62r on Windows XP 5.1 Build 2600 Service Pack 1