* Jurgen Haug <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

>> The Courier Email client
>> (http://www.rosecitysoftware.com/courier/) has code in the latest
>> version to automatically find the X-POPFile-Link decode the link
>> and add a "Reclassify..." menu item.

>> Very nice integration of POPFile. Thanks.

> wouldn't it be nice if TB! would integrate POPfile, too?

Okay. What do we need to do?

  1) extract the X-POPFile-Link header
  2) create a *.bat file which contains only one line¹

      C:/Programme/Opera7/opera.exe "<URI taken from X-POPFile-Link header>"

  3) run this batch file

All three steps can easily be done using manual sorting rules.

Now let's do it.

 o  Open sorting office and create a new rule
 o  make it "manual only"
 o  under "actions" activate "export message to a file"
    - file name: something like D:\temp\popfile.bat
    - export format: Text
    - (x) overwrite existing file
    - export the file using this template²:

%SetPattRegExp='^X-POPFile-Link: <(.*?)>$'%-
c:\programme\opera7\opera.exe "%RegExpMatch(%Headers)"

 o  activate [x] run external program
    - name is: d:\temp\popfile.bat
    - [x] run hidden (only if you want ...)

 o  after that go to "options" and
    - [x] execute action set of this rule by pressing the Hot Key
      and choose one (I took Shift+Ctrl+Alt+R (= reclassify))
    - untick [ ] check the selected message against this rule

Of course you must finetune file and path names or the path to your
favourite browser and maybe one or two other things (who knows?).

It works here. When I mark a message and press Shift+Ctrl+Alt+R
Opera gets the focus and I can throw my mail into the right bucket.
To be honest, I tested it only a few times but I really do BELIEVE
it works :-)

Needless to say that as long as there are no global sorting rules we
have to define such a rules for every single account.

For the copy/pasters:

BeginFilter
Name: popfile reclassify
Active: 1
Source: \\GMX\Inbox
Target: \\GMX\Inbox
CopyFolder: \\\\none
MainSet: 00
Actions:
faExport,faExternal,faoExportOver,faoRunDetached,faoManualOnly,faoToggleFlag,faoHotKey
AddGroups:
DelGroups:
ForwardTemplate:
ConfirmTemplate:
ReplyTemplate:
FwdAddr:
RedirectAddr:
NewAddr:
NewTemplate:
ExtCmd: d:\temp\popfile.bat
ExtFile: d:\temp\popfile.bat
ExtractDir:
ColourGroup: <default>
AddAddrItems: afiFrom,
DelAddrItems: afiFrom,
HotKey: 57426
IsOfColour: <default>
SizeBigger: 0
SizeSmaller: 0
AgeOlder: 0
AgeNewer: 0
InAddrPos: 0
OutAddrPos: 0
InAddrGroups:
NoAddrGroups:
KillFile:
KillMethod: 0
SaveTemplate:
%SetPattRegExp\3D\27^X-POPFile-Link:\20<(.*?)>$\27%-\0D\0Ac:\5Cprogramme\5Copera7\5Copera.exe\20\22%RegExpMatch(%Headers)\22\0D\0A\0D\0A
SndFile:
SysSound: 0
SoundTime: 0:00-0:00
AllowTime: 0:00-0:00
EndFilter

HTH

Footnotes:
¹  I assume everyone here uses Opera
²  if you don't know where to enter the template ... it's the second
   icon.
--
Carsten