Thursday, July 24, 2003, 10:16:37 PM, Chris Montgomery wrote:
CM> [replying to self]

CM> Well, I don't know what the problem was, but since this was for my Yahoo
CM> account, I went to the web mail page and cleared out the messages using
CM> my web browser. Must've been a corrupt message on the server. Problem
CM> solved (at least for now).

..OTOH, I get a similar problem with 1.62r. When
checking mail and connection center set to automatic,
the communication center window will usually pop up and
go away of its own accord. Every once in a while (3-5
times a day with 15min automatic checks), the
communication center window will sit on the screen with
no messages or tasks, and the abort and delete task
window will have no affect. If I manually force a check
(F2 key), the comm. center window gets re-used, and
goes away correctly.

I have a feeling this only happens when mail is
actually downloaded, but have no other particulars at
this point. It seems all the messages are downloaded
correctly, though.

At first, I thought it was related to the virtual
desktop thingie I was playing with, but if somebody
else is reporting a similar problem...

WL