Dear Domagoj,

On 16:13 01.08.2003, you [Domagoj Klepac] wrote...

> On the same server, with same settings, secure connection works for
> IMAP. I've tried messing with authorization options, but it didn't
> help. Why is that log so brief, it doesn't even report connecting to
> server or anything (with IMAP it's full of information)?

draenor:~# telnet mx.ouroboros.hr 110
Trying 66.135.32.98...
Connected to server1.ouroboros.hr.
Escape character is '^]'.
+OK <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
capa
-ERR authorization first
quit
+OK
Connection closed by foreign host.
draenor:~#

Perhaps TheBat tries to verify that your server understands STARTSSL?
As it negates the CAPAbility command, one cannot tell for sure.

On a side note, your ISPs server is listed in our/the lists MTA
configuration:

  hosts_avoid_tls = ouroboros.hr : epost.de

We had real problems when using STARTTLS, which is advertised by the
mx.ouroboros.hr but which in 75% of cases led to an error... Perhaps
the same happens with pop?

Cheers,
 Johannes                            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

--
What good is having someone who can walk on water if you don't follow
in his footsteps?