Hallo Karen,

On Fri, 22 Aug 2003 18:43:56 -0500GMT (23-8-03, 1:43 +0200, where I
live), you wrote:

KK> Now, for some reason, mail not affected by the filters (like this
KK> mailing list e-mail) ends up in Trash!

Does this happen on receiving them or on closing TB. If it's the
latter than maybe you've changed the properties of the inbox to remove
messages older than zero days.
You can check these properties by selecting the inbox in the account
tree pane and click  the right mouse button.

KK> I've removed all the filters and started over twice, with the same
KK> result. What's up with this?

If it's on receipt of the messages, your sorting office could be
corrupted in some peculiar way. So you could delete the file including
your filters and start afresh. This can be done as follows:
Close TB
Delete the file account.srx in your account directory (Unless you've
changed that yourself, the account directories can be found with the
explorer in C:\Program Files\The Bat!\Mail\ )
Start TB and add new filters.

If this doesn't help, your TB setup could be corrupted and you might
consider uninstalling TB (without removing the accounts and message
bases). Afterwards install TB again, pointing it to your existing
accounts

--
Groetjes, Roelof