On Monday, August 25, 2003, 8:39:38 AM, Dave Kennedy wrote:

DK> This creates an incoming filter, as you state. What I'm looking for
DK> are manual filters that I can run after I've _read_ a message(s) and
DK> then press CTRL-ALT-M (for example) and have all filters associated
DK> with CTR-ALT-M fire and move the messages to the appropriate folder.

On the first tab of the Sorting Office screen, down near the bottom, are
two checkboxes - the first for Active, & the second for Manual Only.
Check "Manual Only". The filter will only work when you run it manually.

If you're only using this filter on messages you've read, put it in the
"Read messages" group of filters, not the "Incoming mail" group. (I
don't know if this will actually make any difference to a manual-only
filter, but it will make it easier to find anyway.)

The next step is to to to the fourth tab in the Sorting Office - the
Options tab, & check off the box which says "Execute action of this rule
by pressing Hot Key:", and then inserting the Hot Key (Ctrl-Alt-M) you
want to use.

--
Deborah