Hi DG

DRS> What do have "layered" between ZoneAlarm and The_Bat!?

I have Symantec Antivirus, latest version. This used to be known as NAV
Corporate Edition. I remember reading somewhere that NAV uses port 110 for its
email scanning, but that may or may not be accurate anymore.

DRS> If you are
DRS> running an Antivirus program that either intercepts port 110 or a
DRS> plugin for The_Bat! and/or have an antispam program running then you
DRS> can expect such delays.

I have ZA's 'E-mail protection' enabled as well. The problem here is that
explicit mail checks using alt-F2 work fine, but the automatic checking every 5
mins does not. I checked the ZA logs and did not see any outgoing connections
blocked at the times of the automatic mail checks. There is also not a delay as
you said, but simply that the checks never occur at all.

Cheers,

-Vishal