Hello Andrew,

On Thu, 25 Sep 2003 07:49:11 +0100 GMT (25/09/2003, 13:49 +0700 GMT),
Andrew Hodgson wrote:

>   Does  anyone know why this is the default charset for TB mail?

You seem to have sent your message with us-ascii encoding.

> What is the cignificance of this charset,

It is Western European and contains such characters as the
eruo-symbol, the Pound-Sterling-symbol, and German umlauts, to name
just a few.

> and is it safe to tell TB to use no encoding on mails?

I don't know how you would do that, I wouldn't recommend it: How
should the recipient's email client know how to encode/display your
message, especially if it contains high ASCII characters?

--

Cheers,
Thomas.

Things You Would Never Know Without the Movies: An electric fence,
powerful enough to kill a dinosaur will cause no lasting damage to an
eight-year-old child.

under Chinese Windows 98 4.10 Build 2222 A
using a Pentium P4 1.7 GHz, 128MB RAM