Hello Krister,

On Sat, 27 Sep 2003 10:51:19 +0200 GMT (27/09/2003, 15:51 +0700 GMT),
Krister Ekstrom wrote:

TF>> I will just put in the bug report that "tab" doesn't do what it
TF>> should, and they should review all of the dialogs. Will that be OK? -

> I think it won't hurt to give a pointer or hint to the dialogs where
> the problems are most significant, but that's my opinion.

I will give them quite a number of examples.

TF>> Hm. I have reports from Jaws users that the Mail Despatcher is pretty
TF>> unusable for them. But I understand that there is a standard which
TF>> doesn't require to "train" Jaws; so is it a bug or not? - Jaws doesn't
TF>> run on my Chinese Windows, so I cannot test it myself.

> I don't really know what you mean by "standard that doesn't require
> training", so can't say for sure if this is a bug and where it lies.
> The controls in the dispatcher are non-windows-standard,

I meant the Windows-Standards that Joe has already referred me to.
I just thought when they are adhered to, a "training" is not necessary
any more. Never mind.

> which means that a screen reader could have difficulties recognizing
> controls for what they are. In Jaws, it was possible to label the
> graphics for checked and unchecked status, thereby one could get the
> right info, in Hal, it's a little bit trickier, see below.

Why do you say "it was possible"? Is it not possible any more, or do
you just mean you are not using Jaws any more?

>>> I've not examined the trainability options in Hal 5.21,

TF>> I'm looking forward to your report. I will also check out whether Hal
TF>> runs on my computer (if they offer a trial version, that is).

> They indeed offer a demo version so it shouldn't be any problems

Will look into it soon, thanks.

--

Cheers,
Thomas.

Subway: "We Are Not Public Transportation, Dammit"

under Chinese Windows 98 4.10 Build 2222 A
using a Pentium P4 1.7 GHz, 128MB RAM