Hello Andrew,

KC>> I also noticed that the "c:\documents and settings\user\local
KC>> settings\temp" directory was filling up with a tremendous amount of
KC>> batXXXX.tmp files *only* after MyGate ran. I think when I noticed this
KC>> I had over 10,000 of them! Attempts to delete these files would fail
KC>> as long as MyGate was loaded in the tray. I believe MyGate still
KC>> retains some r/w access even though the downloading is finished.
>
> I have those tmps too. Can anyone confirm that those are because of
> MyGate?

As far as I know, batXXXX.tmp files are where The Bat! downloads
messages and then imports from. Obviously, newgroup messages coming
through MyGate are just messages that TB has to download and import.
However, these temp files should be deleted by TB after successful
import. The ones you are seeing may be "leftovers" from "incomplete
transfers" during set up and testing with MyGate. Just a guess.

Miguel A. Urech (El Escorial - Spain)
Using The Bat! v2.00.6
Winamp PLAYING: Fattburger - Sizzlin (SmoothJazz.com - The world's best
Smooth Jazz - live from Monterey, Calif.)