kg> I'm sorry, but to me that's like getting in my car, driving to the
kg> airport, taking a plane to another city, landing, renting a car, driving
kg> to a convenience store, purchasing a gallon of milk, driving back to the
kg> airport, turning the rental car in, flying home, driving home from the
kg> airport and arriving at my house with the milk....
kg> .... when I could have gone to the store a few blocks away.

I agree.  I was in a position, as I thought you may be yourself, where this
functionality (not present in TB though it should be) was absolutely required
Without TB allowing a simple edit of a received email I have been forced to take this
stepped approach.

I actually works better than it sounds like it would work.  Yes, I realize that if TB
had internal editing it would be a couple less steps.  Oh well.  If you need it, until
TB adds it, ere are all the steps:

1) Call for the filter to run.  A single keyboard shortcut.
2) Edit message.  Albeit in another program, but what's the difference?  There are no
other actions on my part other than positioning the cursor and correcting away as I
would in the message body .
3) Save changes.
DONE.  Message now saved in inbox...  Can't change THAT with
a filter :(

Addt'l steps
1) Replace email where you wanted it in the first place.
2) Delete original version of the email from the inbox

Not too bad.