I have a sorting filter set up for an account that sends a message to my
cell phone if I'm away from my desk (screen saver is active). This is a
great filter that has allowed me to cancel one of my mobile services for
notifications.

But there seems to be a quirk with the filter. I use AT&T Wireless, and
this makes my filter somewhat easy to set up. With AT&T, you can send a
message as long as you want, but only the first 155 characters or so
will show up. This is usually sufficient if I'm waiting on an important
message and am away from my desk. Besides, I can then connect (GSM) and
receive the entire e-mail if necessary. Note that this initial
notification is treated as a text message (and receiving text msgs are
free).

So all I have to do is redirect the message to get this to work. The
message is truncated automatically (though I hope to get around to
making the filter process the message better and not send extraneous
data). Here is the problem:

In the Actions tab of the filter, I have checked "Redirect the message
to: " and filled in my mobile phone number. Underneath that is a
checkbox stating "Do not send attachments" I have this checked, but
according to my Outbox, attachments are getting redirected anyway.

I just verified this by copying the filter and modifying some things. I
sent a message with an attached JPEG, and the filter redirected the
message as instructed - but IGNORED the "Do not send attachments"
setting and the attachment arrived in my Inbox from the redirect.

Is this a known bug?

--
 Ken Green
 Using The Bat! v1.62r on Windows 2000 5.0 Build 2195 Service Pack 4