Melissa,

MR> On Wednesday, November 05, 2003, at 11:13:42 AM PST, you wrote:

>> I have not found a simple way of going "off-line" yet.

MR> This is something I'd really like to see as well. I have a cable
MR> connection that is always on, and I have to stop *all* traffic via
MR> my firewall or unplug the cable (with these though, TB! still
MR> tries to check...giving me those annoying "unsuccessful" beeps).

I don't know what I've done differently, but I've set mine to
send/receive at 10 minute intervals, and it only does it when I'm
actually connected (through my dialup). I also have it set for
deferred delivery and combined send/receive in the transport settings.
I've haven't had the problem to which you refer since one of the
earlier 1.6 versions. (I now use v.2.)

--
Rick