Hello Rich,

On Sat, 15 Nov 2003 16:42:48 -0500 your time, you said:

rg> I  ask  because  (though TB! does do stuff I've told it to in it's
rg> macro language) my primary concern, I suppose, is that someone may
rg> SEND ME a TB macro that gets executed.

I do believe this area has been well explored so I really wouldn't
worry about it. And you say in:

MID:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

rg>> ...I  [...]  have  my  attachments directory set to a non-default
rg>> name and location ...

rg> ...I moved the attachment directory and the files...

So  the  likelihood  of  an  exploit  occurring really isn't worthy of
'concern'.

Marck said to Peter in:

MID:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

MDP> IMHO   this  is  where  common  sense  kicks  in  over  paranoia,
MDP> statistics, possibilities and permutations.

And  I  really  agree  with  him  here  as well. Yeah, it's good to be
cautious and explore the possibilities and baton down the hatches, but
it  is really fruitless to concern yourself unnecessarily with billion
to one possibilities.

For  the  record,  the  first  thing I did when installing TB! for the
first  time  was  to install to a different partition and relocate the
email  base.  It is habit now more than anything else, but also a hint
of paranoia mixed with a smidgen of wisdom ;-)

- --
Slán,

 Simon @ i~n+f~o+w~i+z~a+r~d+.~c+o~.+u~k

PGP Key via Web:   http://pgp.infowizard.co.uk/
PGP Key via Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Faffing about with TB! v1.62r on W2K SP4

#1531. Law Dey Sir Mrs Quo ¶