Hi cs4l,

Saturday, November 22, 2003, 3:54:43 AM, you wrote:
c>   My filter does not do anything. I installed it yesterday, marked
c>   over 500 messages as Junk to enrich the database, and received 25
c>   new spam messages since.

Perhaps it has something to do with the random characters and/or words that spammers
have been adding. It mungs up the stats of Baysian filters, as intended.

On the bugtracker forum, I have requested the ability to filter only selected text in
an email, in an attempt to skirt this problem. It seems to me that this would help
when paragraphs of randomly selected real words, as well as nonsense words are added,
because they can be omitted from filtering. In addition, when faux html tags are
inserted to split up high-target words (eg, pen</fort knox>is ; another spammer
trick), the email can be viewed as html, and the text easily selected that way for
filtering.

Any other/better suggestions?

--
  [EMAIL PROTECTED]