> Hello Randy,
>
> On Mon, 1 Dec 2003 04:47:10 +0100 (MET) GMT (01/12/2003, 10:47 +0700 GMT),
> Randy Burns wrote:
>
> > I tried to send a specific RAR file, attached to an email using MIME,
> and
> > got this error message every time I tried to send. I tried to send it
> about
> > three times. It always stopped sending at the exact same place (I think)
> with
> > about 10% sent. My solution was to compress it with ZIP instead, and
> send it
> > without any problem, but I'm curious about whether this error is common,
> and
> > what exactly happened?
>
> How big is the uncompressed file, and how big is the zipped file? Just
> a guess, but maybe your SMTP server decides after a certain size that
> "enough is enough" and assumes that the end is nigh, but cannot find
> the full-stop there.
>
> --
>
> Cheers,
> Thomas.

The file was about 900 KB, or 1.2 MB when converted to MIME. I've sent RAR
files (as attachments) at least that big before and never had a problem, but I
assume that the MIME translation created some type of
"flag"--somewhere--that the server didn't like. A fluke. It may never happen again, so
I'm not
going to worry about it till it does. :-)

Thanks for your help.

Randy

--
R Burns
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

HoHoHo! Seid Ihr auch alle schön brav gewesen?

GMX Weihnachts-Special: Die 1. Adresse für Weihnachts-
männer und -frauen! http://www.gmx.net/de/cgi/specialmail