Howdy,

Some additional comments below. Running TB 2.02.3 on Win XP Pro.

Thursday, January 1, 2004, 7:53:04 PM, Chris Montgomery wrote:

> Issue #1:
> For some odd reason, I invoked the CTRL-SHFT-ALT-L keys to see
> if any folders were missing. 60 new folders *were* found. I discovered
> soon thereafter that all of my account folders were displayed in
> duplicate after that...
[snip]

> Anyone know what caused the account folders to show up in duplicate with
> the above noted differences?

This is still a valid question, but I've been playing around and
discovered something. It *appears* that the accounts that are displaying
a second time in the accounts folder tree are caused by the accounts
being somehow cross-linked to the top-level common folder (i.e., my
"Common Folders" directory). This must have happened when I invoked the
CTRL-SHFT-ALT-L. I concluded this after a couple of things happened:

1. I thought maybe backing up my data, uninstalling TB, then
reinstalling TB and restoring the data might help clear up this problem.
So I ran a full backup, plus copied the entire folder tree of my mail
folders to a temp directory, before uninstalling/reinstalling TB. During
the backup process I curiously noted that the duplicated accounts in the
accounts folder tree were being backed up as "[account name] of the
Common Folders" account. This was the first hint that the duplicated
accounts and common folder were related.

2. During the reinstall of TB, I selected to restore from the backup I
had just created before uninstalling. After the install/restore was
finished, I fired up TB and noticed that my accounts were *not*
duplicated in the folder tree. But neither were any of the common
folders listed. Only the six accounts and their folders/subfolders got
installed in my mail folder for TB during the install/restore process.
None of the common folders made it during the restore. I then copied the
top level common folders (and their subfolders) to my TB mail folder
from the temp directory created before the uninstall. Fired up TB again
and there were my common folders, along with the duplicated Account
folders, listed in TB's account tree.

So, the question is, how did my six mail accounts somehow get associated
with my common folders? This had to have happened when I clicked the
CTRL-SHFT-ALT-L combination. Sounds like a bug to me.

> Issue #2:
[snip]
> The Help on adding contacts to Groups says you can either open the
> Properties of a contact then click on the Group drop-down list and
> choose the appropriate Group to assign the contact to, or use
> CTRL-DRAG/DROP to drag a contact and drop it on the Group they should be
> in. This latter action, selecting and then dragging/dropping doesn't
> work for me.

This is still a problem, but I experienced another issue after
uninstalling/reinstalling my TB files. After the restore process, only
one of my three address books was showing up in the Address Book
window's folder tree even though the other two *.abd files were in the
mail folder. Editing the addrbook.ini file by adding in the filenames of
the other two address books corrected the problem (including properly
restoring my Groups this time). Shouldn't all of the address book files
be recognized and restored automatically?

> Issue #3:
> ...When viewing the message list for my The Bat! folder,
> with all threads collapsed, I noted that sometimes arrowing up or down
> in the message lists causes some of the threads to suddenly disappear,
> to be replaced by other messages in the list. It's as if a thread is
> suddenly removed from the list when highlighted. To get the complete
> list displaying again, I have to select another folder in the tree on
> the left and the re-select the folder I was viewing. Anyone else
> noticed that? ...

Don't know if the above is still happening, haven't run into the problem
again since last night.

--
Chris Montgomery
Airtight Web Services   http://www.airtightweb.com