Peter Meyns <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent by: [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote on 01/29/2004 02:46 PM:

scc>> "Why do we have infrequent slowdowns of e-mail downloading, that
scc>> can be solved with nothing more than a cold reboot?"

pm>>When did you compress the message base the last time?

scc> Hi, Peter.  I have never compressed the message base.

pm>The Bat! needs compression too. Especially for high frequence folders
pm>like Inboxes. TB! keeps all deleted or moved messages where they were,
pm>only marks them as deleted, so they don't show up in the list. The
pm>disk space will only be set free when the respective folder is
pm>compressed.

[snip]

pm>I can't say if your problems may have other causes. But I know that
pm>regular purging and compressing helps a lot to keep The Bat! working
pm>properly. ...

pm>You can set TB! to purge and compress on exit in your folder
pm>properties.

Thanks, Peter.   I am eager to see how much of a difference compression is
going to make.

//Avi