Hello Alexander,

on Saturday, February 21, 2004, 3:10:27 AM, Alexander A. Gomanyuk wrote:

> So I'm looking for solution, how to synchronize one account (message
> base) for that two PCs, to have equal message bases, so when replying at home,
> don't reply at work etc...
> Yes i know about IMAP, but if exists any POP3|SMTP solution?

Well, in theory you could use the "Synchronise" function. If you have
a USB stick (or something similar) you could save the synchronisation
function. If it works? No idea. I never tested it.

But this is why I was asking for an extended synchronisation function
where you can upload adress-books, calendars etc. to a ftp-account (or
better upload it by scp (ssh-copy, which means that the transfer is
encrypted)) where the other "The Bat" can synchronise the data (see
<mid:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>).

For mails this might be more difficult as there is a bigger data
volume than with address book or calendar. But there I could imagine
that all data since last synchronisation is saved to the ftp-account.
By doing that you always would have synchronous data.

If you have a very fast internet connection you also could put the
data files on a share which you can access by mounting that
directories. Then you even don't have to synchronise data. But of
course the working will be definitely slower than working with a
message base stored locally...

 Martin

Using The Bat 2.04.4 on Windows XP