Hi,

  I've been using TB! for a couple of years now, using POP. I have a
  pretty extensive collection of filter/folder combinations set up in
  my POP accounts. A change of employment and recent developments in
  TB! have led me to try out IMAP. I set up a new IMAP account in TB!,
  and things are working pretty well, except....

  The filters are not working as expected. I understand that automatic
  filtering of inbox mail doesn't work.

  I've set up simple filters to move messages -- for example, messages
  with the text [EMAIL PROTECTED] in the location "sender" are moved to
  a folder named john. Nothing complicated. They're set up as filters
  for read mail. So far I've only set up about 10 such folders/filter
  combinations.

  After filtering, most -- but not all -- of the messages in the john
  folder indeed have [EMAIL PROTECTED] in the "sender" header. However,
  there are several messages from other people in that folder as well
  -- I've not looked systematically through all 10 folders, but it
  appears that all of the messages mis-sorted have "[EMAIL PROTECTED]"
  in one of the *recipient* fields. (Several of these people are
  colleagues, and we often use the cc and To fields to send group
  messages.)

  I have filter/folder combinations for a few other people who aren't
  included on any of these messages with multiple recipient addressees
  -- these messages are filtered appropriately. It seems to be a
  problem only when a message has more than one address in the
  recipient headers and at least one of those addresses is one I've
  set up to filter when it's in the "sender" header. I've
  double-checked all the filters, and in each case I've correctly
  selected the "from" field for the text location.

  One final bit of information -- the order of the filters seems not
  to have an effect on the sort. E.g., there are messages from barbara
  to eddie and me sorted into the eddie folder even though the
  barbara filter is placed above the eddie filter.

--
Best,
 John                          mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]