Dear Joseph,

On 05:36 02.03.2004, you [Joseph N.] wrote...

> receive some spam at the address I use for public newsgroups, but it's
> easily filtered; and I receive no spam from, and see no spamming posts
> on, newsgroups on secure servers that require authentication.

Sorry. It doesn't depend on the newsserver. News is feeded through
many servers, and it is very easy for spammers to feed their junk of
to say de.* or comp.*

Cheers,
 Johannes                            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

--
A large number of installed systems work by fiat.  That is, they work
by being declared to work.