On Monday, March 22, 2004, 3:41 PM, you wrote:

G> I read your comment and since I just installed XP plain and did not change
G> the theme, I had a look at my display setting.
G> Turns out contrast was very high and is now at a more normal level, which
G> also make the selected folder more visible.
G> It could be better but I can live with this setting.

if you go to the Control Panel- Display
then select appearance
you can change a multitude of options, including  the theme colors.
If you select the  ADVANCED button, on the lower right side, then select
the ITEM drop-down. You can also change colors for each window-
foreground, background, window borders, menus....
my 2 favorite items to change ( old-fart-syndrome) are:
caption buttons- change to 22
scrollbar - 19 or greater

it makes them MUCH easier to HIT, especially with a laptop.

--
 Paul
Using The Bat! v2.04.7 on Windows XP 5.1 Build 2600