Hi Jan,

JR>   Without using Bayesit, about 99% of my junk mail gets filtered to
JR>   the junk folder. About once/twice a month, my filters miss something
JR>   & 1-3 are not marked read (meaning I have to go check them). Only on a
JR>   very rare occasion do I find legit email in my junk folder.
JR>   Can any of you Bayesit fans explain this to me? I'm not be cute
JR>   here. Maybe I'm missing something.

I think the explaining is on your part :) Or maybe we're not receiving
the same amount or type of spam ? Before Bayesit (just a month or two
ago in my case) I was constantly trying to keep up with spam, adding
strings to my spam filter as best I could. Only to find it an
impossible and very tedious battle against new permutations of spam.

Maybe you've got some tips you'd like to share about how to set up a
filter that needs little or no maintenance?

Bayesit has saved me from thinking about it. I didn't even believe it
would work, but it came in TB 2.04 and seemed to kill most spam
without my doing anything. I receive 30 spam mails pr. day on average.

--
Regards
Johnny Skaaning