Hello sgp,

Monday, April 19, 2004, 2:21:31 AM, you wrote:

> but I have have some concerns, the main one being that IMAP is
> buggy.

Depending on your usage and needs, IMAP can vary from completely
unusable to quite acceptable. In spite of Ritlabs apparent focus on
the icing instead of the cake, I'm confident that IMAP issues will
eventually be worked out, it's just a question of "when?".

> 1. What is the best way to quote html messages so that html is actually
> preserved?

> 2. Are other users using external html editors? which ones? how?

I've never had any need or interest in sending HTML email, so I can't
offer any suggestions.

> 3. Is there a way to collect incoming mail from several POP3 accounts
> into one single POP3 inbox folder? Mind that I want to be able to use
> sorting office _incoming_ mail filters on this folder, so a common
> folder won't do because it doesn't support incoming mail filters. What
> I'd like to be able to do is to redirect all POP3 accounts into one
> inbox so I don't have to redefine the same set of filters for each
> account, just one set for the combined inbox.

If your only reason for a single POP3 inbox is for filtering purposes,
I believe the new filtering system that is being worked on will allow
a filter to be applied to multiple accounts.

> 4. Is the MailTicker supported for IMAP accounts? It doesn't work here.

I don't usually use the ticker (it annoys the heck out of me), but I
just turned it on and it seems to be working. I wonder if it's a
synchronization issue?

--
Dave
Using The Bat! v2.10 on Windows XP 5.1 Build 2600 Service Pack 1