On Saturday, May 01, 2004, Gerard wrote...

MG>> What should the local and the remote port numbers be?

[..]

> I use 44 here. Just make sure you use the same number with TB! and
> Xray.

I wouldn't recommend using ports below 1024 except port 25. The port
range under 1024 are reserved ports for special registered services
such as www, ntp, smtp etc.. picking a port like 44 could knock
something your OS uses as a requirement, and cause all kinds of
havoc... If you must use a port different to 25, it is strongly
suggested you use above 1024.

--
Jonathan Angliss
([EMAIL PROTECTED])

Catastrophe n. an award for the cat with the nicest buns