Marck D Pearlstone wrote:
> Sorry for any confusion for you there Ken. I was just answering the
> question asked, which was about local filters for local folders
> using the local outbox and local sent message folders. Nothing to do
> with IMAP there.

How do you know the question was about local filters?  I didn't get
that from the original post.  Although upon a few more re-readings, I
would probably assume he is talking about a POP account.

Also (and this is just for my own knowledge), when you say "local
filters" does that only apply to POP?  I would interpret local filters
as filters that happen client-side (POP or IMAP) as opposed to
server-side (IMAP only).

Am I wrong about that?

> I accept that IMAP has problems and wouldn't have attempted to
> answer any IMAP questions since I don't use the protocol myself :-).

I just got my laptop back in commission and will be trying out betas
again, but as I posted earlier, 2.10.03 has been pretty good to me -
using IMAP.

I know there are still problems, but 2.10.03 is a *HUGE* improvement
in usability, functionality and performance for me. I must admit that
I don't do anything fancy right now - too scared to ;) I'm saving the
"tough stuff" for my laptop, where I can afford multiple re-installs,
etc.

--
 Ken Green
 Using The Bat! v2.10.03 on Windows 2000 5.0 Build 2195 Service Pack 4